Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between meta and nonmeta

2 posters

Go down

Difference between meta and nonmeta Empty Difference between meta and nonmeta

Post by ResonatingOctave Sat May 31, 2014 8:01 pm

_____There seems to be a common misconception towards meta decks or people who play meta. Anyway who is playing meta is referred to as bad 9 times out of 10, and meta decks are deemed to be played by noobs from part of the community. This lesson is gonna be why its ok to play meta, why its ok to play non meta, and the difference between competitive and casual players. So, let’s move on now.

_____Meta is the most used deck of a format. The meta is always changing from banlist to banlist and set to set. The reason that the meta becomes itself is because it’s the best deck of the format in terms of versatility, plays, and consistency. Meta decks also seemed to be deemed for noobs and such, but heres the thing, why is someone a noob for wanting to play the best deck. Then people will say that meta is only for people who want to win. Here’s another thought, some players want to play to win, why are they noobs? It just doesn’t make sense, and I do not see why they are deemed noobs to play a deck. Another reason why they are called noob is because apparently meta takes no skill, but can anyone elaborate how it doesn’t take no skill to run meta, if not how is it a valid argument. Anyway, that’s basically me countering all of your arguments to why you shouldn’t run meta which should basically show why its ok to run it.

_____Next, running anything non meta isn’t bad at all. These decks are just generally slower than the meta decks or there is something wrong to them compared to meta decks, it may be consistency or overall power there is just something that doesn’t make it the meta. Just because it isn’t meta though, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t run it because that doesn’t make sense either. These decks can compete sometimes and if you are playing for fun you should defiantly play what you view as fun. Now granted as I said some of these decks can compete and they may actually slip through into top at a tournament, but that doesn’t mean everyone should play these decks in a tournament setting. I will get more into this part later. To sum up, running non,eta isn’t bad it’s just usually more for fun.

_____Now, the difference between casual and competitive players. There is a HUGE misconception between these two types of players and their differences so, why not sort it out as part of it has to deal with meta and nonmeta. Competitive players are players who are in the game to win. Traditionally these are the players who use meta because they are spending money at these large events and their whole goal is to win and get the prizes or the fame within the game. Sometimes some of these players will not play the meta deck because they feel like at the tournament they are going to it would not be wise as everyone would be ready for that deck so they will take a non meta deck to one of these events. A good example is when Grandsoil Psychics topped an event for their first time, the player who topped with them thought everyone would be ready for a meta deck so he decided to play Grandsoil Psychics and managed to make top cut. Now, a casual player is someone who plays for fun, real simple concept. These are the players who aren’t in the game to go to the events, and honestly I would categorize majority of the academy in this block of players just because you are all here to have fun and meet friends while play the game. Casual players in my experience usually are the ones who are using the non meta decks just because they wanna have fun and be creative. Something that many casual players do not get is why they are not grouped with competitive players, and that is because they aren’t truly in the game to win, in order to be a competitive player 9 times out of 10 you are using meta or in that 1 circumstance like the Grandsoil Psychics. Anyway that’s a basic summary on both types of players and the difference between meta and nonmeta.

Wrote by Azarath/dark magician 85(My Dueling Network)
ResonatingOctave
ResonatingOctave

Back to top Go down

Difference between meta and nonmeta Empty Re: Difference between meta and nonmeta

Post by Angel Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:27 am

great lesson Very Happy
Angel
Angel
Administrator

DP : 2500

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum