Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournaments

+2
coolspy74
Altair
6 posters

Go down

Tournaments Empty Tournaments

Post by Altair Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:28 am

1) Hunger Games tournament:

This would function similar to a role play and would be every man for himself in different sections. These different sections, or threads, would serve as different locations. These different locations would each serve a different purpose for different decks. For example, forest-based fields could benefit animal decks such as Blackwings and Harpies. A beach could benefit more water-based decks such as Nekroz and Mermails. As always, admins and event moderators could adjust the tournament as needed.

2) Top 10:

This event would function to determine the top 10 duelists of the academy, since I'm sure we're all just dying to know. People in the top 10 would have to duel their way up to #1 and prizes would be awarded based on the rank. People not in the top 10 would duel the #10 duelist and would then duel their way up from there. Perhaps the top spots could be invited to another larger tournament. Again, admins and event moderators can add to this. I'm open for suggestions.

3) "Locals" and "regionals":

The locals would be just any ordinary tournament. However, the top 4 or so would then be invited to participate in another tournament known as "regionals," held at the end of each month. There would then be at least 16 people (at least 4 from each week of the month) involved in each monthly regionals. The prizes for regionals would be much bigger. I'm open for suggestions.

4) Dorm leader tournament:

I'm sure people have already suggested this kind of thing in the past, but I really believe that having a dorm leader or two for each dorm would help keep the dorms active and in check. The dorm leaders would have control over events such as dorm wars and could host tournaments within their respective dorm. The dorm leader tournament would be just any ordinary tournament but then people would vote for one of the top 4 of the tournament to be that dorm's dorm leader. If the dorm leader leaves for any reason, including to switch dorms, that dorm leader would then choose a proper successor.

5) Anime tournaments:

These tournaments would serve as a reinactment of a significant event or arc from any anime. Since there are so many, it is kind of difficult to name all of them, but here are a few.

Meklord and Timelord arc from 5Ds, Dark Signer arc from 5Ds, first 5Ds tournament arc, Legendary Knight arc, Barian arc from Zexal, SAO, Fairy Tail, FMA, Attack on Titan, Pokemon League, etc

Because who doesn't love anime?

Last edited by Altair on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Altair

Back to top Go down

Tournaments Empty Re: Tournaments

Post by coolspy74 Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:40 am

tbh, we should keep tournies card based. In fact, Yugioh based.Other than that, We have at leats one other of these already or implied.
coolspy74
coolspy74

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:44 am

What do you mean card-based? I'm thinking it'd be cool to celebrate a new movie coming out or something. Since Avengers will be huge, we could have a tournament based around that movie. Hunger Games, Divergent, and all of the listed animes also have a relatively large fan base. Any of the fans of those animes at this academy would most likely love to participate in those tournaments, thus resulting in activity. We could vote on them to ensure that enough people would be active.

Altair

Back to top Go down

Post by coolspy74 Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:28 am

Uhhh. How can I put this? Do you want this site to end up as dead as yugiohcardmaker's forums? And I dont see what the hell having a tournament would celebrate the avengers since this is a yugioh forum. Do you want peopel to rage in the chatboxes and topics? Cause that is litterally what would happen.
coolspy74
coolspy74

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:30 am

An Avengers-based Yugioh tournament. Plenty of other academies host these kinds of tournaments. I don't see what the problem with hosting some of these events is. It's a nice change from the traditional Yugioh. If we stick to pure, boring Yugioh, then it might die. That's my point of view, at least.

Altair

Back to top Go down

Post by coolspy74 Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:40 am

I hope you know there is a reason why yugioh has been here and still popular for so long. Because it was pure, 'boring yugioh'. And I shouldnt have to include boring, since yugioh is making so many cards and card types in such creative ways. And RPG yugioh tournaments are one thing, but avenger-RPG Yugioh tournaments?
coolspy74
coolspy74

Back to top Go down

Post by zactheking Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:25 am

an marvel tournament can happen
a top 10 could happen
dorm leader one might happen
zactheking
zactheking

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:34 am

Marvel and Hunger games are bad :/
Lux
Lux
Administrator

DP : 3465
Warnings : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:50 pm

these ideas arent bad.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by klutzyr0cket Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Well those arent that bad especially the top 10
klutzyr0cket
klutzyr0cket

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:55 pm

coolspy74 wrote:I hope you know there is a reason why yugioh has been here and still popular for so long. Because it was pure, 'boring yugioh'. And I shouldnt have to include boring, since yugioh is making so many cards and card types in such creative ways. And RPG yugioh tournaments are one thing, but avenger-RPG Yugioh tournaments?

I understand your point. And yes. Pure Yugioh is not always boring, but it gets old after a while. So these kinds of tournaments, which I have seen functioning at several different academies, are there to give people a little break from just pure Yugioh. The Avenger tournament wouldn't technically be a roleplay, but rather a Yugioh tournament set up similar to how something from the Avengers would be set up. I don't have any specific ideas yet, largely due to the fact that I don't know that much about Avengers in general, but I for one think it could be cool.

Altair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum