Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Background In Gaming

2 posters

Go down

Background In Gaming Empty Background In Gaming

Post by ResonatingOctave Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:54 pm

So considering that a decent portion of the members here are or were gamers in on point in their lives I thought it would be fun to make a post where everyone can share their background. A couple of ground rules tho:
Rules:
1. No bashing of people for playing a specific game/genre (this is meant to be a safe and fun topic)
2. You can truly comment on any game/genre you played but try to keep the convos to pg13 (you can talk about rated M games but none of those NK-18 games).

After establishing the short ground rules of the post lets have some fun. To give everyone a basic idea of what it is, I will go first.

To start, I have been gaming since 2001 where I would play my brothers PS1 and play games like WWE and 101 Dalmations (gotta love being a 3 year old gamer). I would spend hours playing with my brother and just getting used to the games. Eventually my old brother ended up moving out when I was about 5-6 and then "Santa" brought my a PS2 that year. This was where I started to get more addicted. I never had internet access so I would just sit there and play through games like WWE, Tony Hawk, and various other titles for fun. Although with me being so young I didn't realize some of the things to beat the game and never actually ended up beating them (young gamers FTW lol). So all that went around till I was about 11 or 12 (about 4-5 years ago), where I ended up saving up the money to buy myself an Xbox 360. This is where I finally joined the world of online gaming that I appreciate so much. During this portion of my gaming is where I have a huge spike in gaming. While on the xbox, I ended up playing mostly Halo and Call of Duty and becoming decently good at both of them (not like top level but above average). I was a member in this cool online world and was good at it, at the time I thought it was really cool (most people dont even take the time to consider how amazing it is about all of this that we do everyday). So this all lasted for a good couple of years, then my birthday came around and my uncle (who works with various computer companies) gave me my first computer. It was when I was 13, and thats when I became a huge hardcore gamer and where I am today. I still play the first few games that I played when I first got that computer in the form of League of Legends and World of Warcraft. Then recently in the last year, I became a big member of the pokemon scene and am now working to get better competitively to eventually get to nationals and even worlds some day for the VGC series.

Well, that was my story of gaming (granted it was very long, and you could argue at times it goes off topic I don't think it was too bad lol). I would love to hear some of your guys backgrounds as well.
ResonatingOctave
ResonatingOctave

Back to top Go down

Background In Gaming Empty Re: Background In Gaming

Post by Lux Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:28 pm

I wrote like book then I closed the window and lost all of this >.<
Lux
Lux
Administrator

DP : 3465
Warnings : 0

Back to top Go down