Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spell Speed Lesson

2 posters

Go down

Spell Speed Lesson Empty Spell Speed Lesson

Post by ab9999 Mon May 26, 2014 1:48 am

Well seeing as people are posting all these lessons I would like to post one on spell speed. Spell speed refers to how "fast" a card effect resolves after activation. Despite their name, they are not restricted to the effects of Spell Cards, but rather apply to any card/effect that can activate. There are 3 Spell Speeds: 1, 2, and 3. These spell speeds basically determine how a chain resolves and what can be activated in a chain.

Spell Speed will be referred to as SS in this topic

1 : SS 1 is basically just normal spells, ritual spells(also things like fusion spells but some fusions are SS 2 so I would rather not have you think they are all SS 1), continuous spells, and monster effects like Black Luster Soldier's banish effect. Spell speed 1 cards/effects can only start chains and CANNOT be chained to anything.

2 : There are many cards and effects that occupy SS 2 such as quick spells, certain monster effects, normal traps, and continuous traps. I don't believe I missed any, but if I did, sorry. Anyways, SS 2 cards and effects are a bit different from the other two speeds. SS 2 cards and effects can either start a chain or activate in response to other SS 1 & 2 cards. SS 2 cards and effects cannot chain to SS 3

3 : The only cards to occupy SS 3 are counter trap cards. As I said before , SS 1 & 2 cards and effects cannot activate in chain to SS 3 cards. In most cases, when someone activates a counter trap the chain ends, as the ONLY cards that can chain to SS 3 are other SS 3 cards and it is not often that people have a bunch of counter trap cards set.

Now here is how chained cards and effects go. Lets say you activate BLS's (Black Luster Soldier) banish effect on an opponets monster. When you activate it, there is a chance for a chain link to start.  So once you start the chain, your opponent chooses to further the chain and activate fiendish chain on BLS. Since ALL CHAINS RESOLVE BACKWARDS, fiendish chains effect would go first negating the effects of BLS. Then after that BLS dffect goes, but it's effects are negated so yea, nothing happens.

I apoalagize for all typos I made, and if I forgot to mention something.
I also hope that the newer members learn from this topic. :)if you have any questions, please ask away! ^^

Last edited by ab9999 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:09 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
ab9999
ab9999

Back to top Go down

Spell Speed Lesson Empty Re: Spell Speed Lesson

Post by (DS) Deathwing Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:58 pm

continuous spells are spell speed 1, not 2
(DS) Deathwing
(DS) Deathwing

Back to top Go down

Post by (DS) Deathwing Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:26 am

btw i got a good idea for a deck lessons that can somewhat relate to this topic.
Noobs will read this and they can chain a dress or safe zone to their monster being hit by lets says compulsory for example, where you really cant. You can but it wont have any effect because targeting is different with chains. If a monster is already targeted those tpyes of cards cant save it. Confusing, unnecessary, kind of stupid that they cant really, but thats how it is. So ya, you might want to either expand that onto this one or just make a whole other topic about it. Or ignore me lol but its pretty important to know.
(DS) Deathwing
(DS) Deathwing

Back to top Go down

Post by ab9999 Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:08 am

Sorry bout that I messed up with the continuous part Razz (cause I was thinking "o continuous spell effs go off on either turn" xD) Yeah fail
EDIT: Fail deleted Laughing
ab9999
ab9999

Back to top Go down

Post by (DS) Deathwing Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:08 am

what did you think of my lesson idea?
(DS) Deathwing
(DS) Deathwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content