Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

deskbots breakdown

4 posters

Go down

deskbots breakdown Empty deskbots breakdown

Post by vequest86 Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Hello I guess this lesson is to talk about some fun but annoying little things called deskbots. The deskbots archetype currently only had 9 cards with 4 effect monsters, 4 pendulum monsters and 1 synchro monster. The monsters names are actually really simple deskbot 00 with the number of their level except the synchro which is called deskbot jet. Another thing to note is that currently all the monsters in this archetype only have 500 attack and defense and are earth attribute machine type even the jet.
Now here’s the description of each card

Deskbot 001
Earth/machine/tuner/affect
500/500
This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Machine-Type monster you control. If 2 or more Machine-Type monsters are Special Summoned at the same time while this card is in your Graveyard (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card.
So yea the first of the 9 monsters is 001 which is the only current tuner in this archetype has a nice ability which works with all machine types to boost his attack us to 3000 if a person has a full field of machine monsters or 1000 if he is alone on the field. Another thing to note about him is that he can be special summoned from the grave if two machine type monster are special summoned to the field.

Deskbot 002
Earth/machine/effect
500/500
If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Deskbot" card from your Deck to your hand. All Machine-Type monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF, except this card.
The second little bot is quite the support member since he can search for more bots and boost your machine types attack and defense by 500.

Deskbot 003
Earth/machine/effect
500/500
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Deskbot" monster from your Deck, except "Deskbot 003". Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 "Deskbot" monster you control; it gains 500 ATK and DEF for each "Deskbot" card you currently control, until the end of this turn.
This little bot is quite the nuisance with his ability to special summon another deskbot to the field from the deck if normal summoned while also being able to pass another deskbot a boost in attack and defense.

Deskbot 004
Earth/machine/effect
500/500
If this card battles an opponent's monster, during damage calculation (in either player's turn): You can activate this effect once per battle; your opponent takes no battle damage for the rest of this turn, also send 1 "Deskbot" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except "Deskbot 004", and if you do, this card gains ATK and DEF equal to the sent monster's Level x 500, during damage calculation only. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon 2 "Deskbot" monsters with different Levels from your hand and/or Graveyard in Defense Position.
Yeay to this fun card! Before typing this I annoyed my friend with this card so yea. Now to my thoughts on this card with his effect actually since im still in the mood I want explain anything to you guys also note before anybody gets an idea his effect does not with 001 since his effect is still during the damage step.

Deskbot 005
Earth/machine/pendulum/effect
500/500
10/10
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Deskbot" monsters. This effect cannot be negated.

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. This card gains 500 ATK for each face-up "Deskbot" monster in your Extra Deck. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed: You can target 1 "Deskbot" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "Deskbot 005" once per turn.
Were now getting to pendulum monsters which right now are limited to only 005 and 006 until bosh comes out I believe? But to what this card does can be helpful since this acts as MST when summoned while if it is being used as a pendulum when destroyed can act as a deskbot monster reborn to summon a deskbot from the grave so fun right?

Deskbot 006
500/500
1/1
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Deskbot" monsters. This effect cannot be negated.

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster on the field; change its battle position. This card gains 500 ATK for each face-up "Deskbot" monster in your Extra Deck. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed: You can target 1 "Deskbot" card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Deskbot 006" once per turn.
Yeay 006 is summoned and he is less useful but has a fun effect of switching a monsters battle position while also if destroyed in the pendulum zones gives you the ability to bring a deskbot to hand. Theres not much to say about the tcg released pendulum deskbots but if theres faceup deskbots in extra deck they gain 500 atk and def.

Deskbot 007
500/500
10/10

This card gains 500 ATK for each "Deskbot" card in your Graveyard. Your opponent cannot target "Deskbot" monsters for attacks, except this one. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.
Whats tcg? Or is this post bosh? Well whatever this little bot here is the seventh in the series and he packs a punch considering he can gain the amount of deskbots in the grave times 500 atk and def with a piercing effect means damage. But this one also has the second effect of only being the guy that can be targeted by attacks so awesome.

Deskbot 008
500/500
1/1

This card gains 500 ATK for each "Deskbot" card in your Graveyard. Your opponent cannot target "Deskbot" cards on the field with card effects, except this one. This card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.
So to the last pendulum monster and we have 008. 008 has the same boost as of 007 but this one can make all opponents effects that effect your monster to this card. This card can also attack twice so yeay?

Deskbot jet
Lvl 10
Earth/machine/synchro/effect
500/500
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each "Deskbot" card on the field. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Deskbot Jet" per turn, and only once that turn.
● You can target 1 "Deskbot" card you control; destroy it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Deskbot" monster from your Deck.
● You can target 1 "Deskbot" card you control and 1 other face-up card on the field; destroy them.
So the big boss synchro and my thoughts on him.  So let just say how he gets his boost is weird since to summon you have to send bots to the grave yard and without penedulum you would have to send each of the deskbots at least to summon him but he gets his atk/def boost like 001, that is when their on the field. Now to mention his other two effects which can only be activated once per turn so we can either choose to destroy one deskbot card on the field to special summon another which is a great affect since it can do a lot in this deck. Or we can choose the other effect to destroy one deskbot to destroy one other face up card on the field which I can’t say much on but it can have its uses.

One card that should probably be in all deskbot decks is machine duplication which is a spell that can let you target a machine type monster with 500 or less attack and summon 2 more of them from the deck which will allow you to fill your field faster.
now should there be less attempts at humor? what should i breakdown next or should i break down anything? hope you enjoyed.

well new cards are shown and their the deskbot 009 and the deskbot base.

deskbot 009
earth/machine/effect
500/500

Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can have this card gain ATK equal to the combined ATK of all "Deskbot" monsters you currently control, except "Deskbot 009", until the end of your opponent's turn. Monsters other than this card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. If this card battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy 1 "Deskbot" card you control instead.

okay they're new monster for this archetype is 009 or the 10th monster released but is also just an effect monster rather then a pendulum like the previous four. this card is kinda lame considering he hogs up all the attacks but his attack potential is just ridiculous. this monster attack in the right situations can go over 100 thousand means he can pack a punch but theirs usually no point for it since he just copies the attack of your combined deskbots which can usually go up to 2000 easily. now the other two effects which stops opponent from activating effects when attacking and its ability to pass on destruction to another deskbot cards.

deskbot base

field spell

All "Deskbot" monsters on the field gain 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can reveal any number of "Deskbot" cards in your hand and shuffle them into the Deck, then draw cards equal to the number of cards you shuffled into the Deck. You can banish 9 "Deskbot" cards with different names from your side of the field and/or Graveyard, except "Deskbot Base"; shuffle all cards from your opponent's hand, field, and Graveyard into the Deck.

So the first and only spell in this archetype currently has three effects. The first effects like most field spell give a boost to attack and defense. The second effect is like kozmotown lets you reveal monsters of the cards archetype and let you reshuffle and draw for each revealed card, this effect is awesome considering it lets you search for better cards. Now the last is interesting since it allows you to set your opponent back to start literally by sending all cards into the decks except from removed from play.

and currently i do like what is added but i think 009 could be more useful but hes meant to be a boss card so cant say much to that. and base is excellent and will help this archetype quite a bit.

Last edited by vequest86 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updates)
vequest86
vequest86

Back to top Go down

deskbots breakdown Empty Re: deskbots breakdown

Post by vequest86 Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:46 pm

also before anybody says anything i will never give combos in this since what will you learn then? but if you do want to talk about combos just ask and i will try to help.
vequest86
vequest86

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:00 pm

question: What was the point of the breakdown? Anyone could've just gone to Dueling Network and looked these up themselves.
riot1man
riot1man

DP : 2555
Warnings : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by vequest86 Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:07 pm

i just like doing them also some people just dont know about these cards sure it doesnt do anything but then why do we play this since it does not help at all so yea.
vequest86
vequest86

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:16 pm

That was good one vequest. However I'd suggest that you use pictures of cards next time, it looks better visually Wink
Lux
Lux
Administrator

DP : 3465
Warnings : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialgames NR.2 Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 am

VEQUESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I hate deskbots,y did u have to du dis to me?
Socialgames NR.2
Socialgames NR.2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:35 am

Socialgames NR.2 wrote:VEQUESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I hate deskbots,y did u have to du dis to me?
Why don't you do something you like then? xD
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialgames NR.2 Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:39 am

i was kidding the analysis was great but deskbots are annoying little f*****s.
Socialgames NR.2
Socialgames NR.2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:49 am

You can still do breakdown of one of the archetypes you like Very Happy
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialgames NR.2 Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:18 am

I am actually going to do that.
Socialgames NR.2
Socialgames NR.2

Back to top Go down

Post by vequest86 Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:28 pm

thanks and go do it if you want i would like to see how you create yours.

Last edited by vequest86 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding stuff)
vequest86
vequest86

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialgames NR.2 Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:18 am

im a little rusty though.
Socialgames NR.2
Socialgames NR.2

Back to top Go down

Post by vequest86 Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:48 am

updated