Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Originality

+4
Twisted Like Me?
Lux
Angel
riot1man
8 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Originality - Page 2 Empty Originality

Post by riot1man Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Ya know, I've been thinking. What ever happened to being original with your deck? Seems like today people want to use the latest meta in Yu-Gi-Oh, and although the duels can be tough and give you a workout, there seems to be, for me, a lack of fun with the duels now-a-days. I don't know, maybe it's just nostalgia, but why should we focus on meta-geared decks and not originality? Because all I'm seeing now-a-days is nekroz this and Burning Abyss that and tellarknights.
riot1man
riot1man

DP : 2555
Warnings : 2

Back to top Go down

Originality - Page 2 Empty Re: Originality

Post by Pepchoninga Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Fast play is much more interesting and gets your adrenaline up
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Just play in a normal speed lol
Lux
Lux
Administrator

DP : 3465
Warnings : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Well anyways we are getting out of the idea of the post...thing is that tho that this game needs more content to make it fell more interesting Wink
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:18 pm

konami should make it so that people don't lean towards archetypes and more towards using a variety of cards, in my opinion
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Again more archetypes coud make more ways to mix decks, thus making it more fun...So yeah
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:08 pm

just because someone (konami) throws in more archetypes doesn't mean people will mix the archetypes. I've only seen a handful of people (one of them being me) do so.
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:42 am

exactly and even if konami where to expand the number of archetypes we have archetypes are not designed so that they can be mixed so it would be doubtful that we would be able to make decent or even good mixtures from what they give us sure we would probably get some instances where archetypes would mix together semi well but the majority would see singular archetype decks become the norm as they are now and that being said were gonna get a bit more variety yes but were still gonna have our top or "meta" decks and the others will be rarely used and left behind
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

DP : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:00 am

Thats the idea...for people to experiment...You dont know if something is good if you havent tryed it...You logic is also abit off since i already said that konami need to make archetypes that are gonna be on the level of Nekroz, Qlis and all other meta decks...The ideas can be contless. And again going bakc to the mixing i will give a great example...You know Shaddoll Clown is arguably better then pure shaddoll...People didnt know that mixture woud be good from the start...that was what i was saying...experiment with difrent archetypes gets some cool support cards and some banned spells that woud make the game faster and boom
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:54 am

Pepchoninga wrote:Thats the idea...for people to experiment...You dont know if something is good if you havent tryed it...You logic is also abit off since i already said that konami need to make archetypes that are gonna be on the level of Nekroz, Qlis and all other meta decks...The ideas can be contless. And again going bakc to the mixing i will give a great example...You know Shaddoll Clown is arguably better then pure shaddoll...People didnt know that mixture woud be good from the start...that was what i was saying...experiment with difrent archetypes gets some cool support cards and some banned spells that woud make the game faster and boom

Lol Pep people are using Shaddoll clowns since they got realised. Also we don't need more decks on level of Nekroz, Ql's and rest of the crew because these decks kill every fun in this game and having more of them won't make game any better, we'll just have more decks to play but still no fun at all. Take for example September 2013 format even Dragon Rulers were still the best that format was one of the most skilled formats recently and beginning of 2014 was very cool too till DUEA (Duelist Alliance). That pack which bringed us Tellars, Shaddolls and BA ruined this whole game and next few boosters just did the same.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:25 pm

I think what we need is the idea of mixing decks together rather than just one. As Lux said, more archetypes won't help, they'll just make it worse
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Again I completly disagree...If there are more decks on the level of Nekroz, then Nekroz wont win every game...If Konami add 20 more archetypes in the same level, you will see that people will definetly start using skill...And it will be much more fun since there will be 10 times more decks to chose from...
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:16 pm

You're getting me wrong AGAIN. Current meta decks sucks and take very little skills. We don't need Summon, search, set 5, summon, revive, search, summon, bounce decks. Anyways looks like you completely ignored my explanaiton but w/e.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:15 pm

I understand you and i completly disagree...sorry mate but what your talking about are combos...not playing style and skill...combos is the first thing that you learn in a deck. But not all. You then need experience to learn how to adapt in difrent situation and thats why we need more archetypes. First to make the game a litle harder cuz you will have to adapt to dofrent decks, second it ill be more fun and 3 it will help creativity and originality in Yugioh while still keeping the all the decks in one range of competativnes...
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Pepchoninga wrote:I understand you and i completly disagree...sorry mate but what your talking about are combos...not playing style and skill...combos is the first thing that you learn in a deck. But not all. You then need experience to learn how to adapt in difrent situation and thats why we need more archetypes. First to make the game a litle harder cuz you will have to adapt to dofrent decks, second it ill be more fun and 3 it will help creativity and originality in Yugioh while still keeping the all the decks in one range of competativnes...

What? No! This game doesen't need to get any harder! There is SO MANY stupid and completely useless rules out there. Sorry, but this game does not need to get harder. Actually, it has to get more simply.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:39 pm

no one needs a harder game. making it harder = less fun for some people
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:40 am

I dont mean the game itself getting harder...but the dirent ways of playing making the game harder...cuz Yugioh is not a game where you put a Blue-eyes on board and win...accept it and it will be much easier for you to understand me...if there is more deck/archetypes there will be more combination of decks that will all function differently. Thus making the game harder, not to understand, but to adapt...We all know how to counter shaddolls, BA, Tellars even Nekroz...but some of the pros just have no problems woth playing and consistently winning in those match-ups it obvious that the game will start to get boring...pls think before you start criticizing my comments Wink
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:54 am

Pep don't you realize we got the SAME meta for 1 year already?! I don't remember that the game ever had same meta for 1 year. They're consistently hitting just semi-important cards which deck still can run without. I agree we need more decks which have DIFFERENT playing style. What's positive from this current meta is that we had multiple type of decks. I mean, we had Ritual deck, Fusion deck, Pendelum deck and couple of XYZ decks and that's one bonus from this current meta.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:54 pm

You know...its shity to like have new meta each year...Cuz there will come a time that a deck is so powerfull that you cannot make a better archetype...Thats why i think veriaty will change the meta, not from wich deck is better, but wich one is DOING better at the moment...
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:09 pm

and that's what it all comes back to: metas. If konami stopped focusing on metas, than it would be fun, in my opinion
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:09 pm

They dont make meta...Konami just invent the decks...From then on with the new mechanics that the game has a certain deck becomes better then the decks before...I can asure you that with the way Yugioh is played atm even if all dragon rullers came back to 3 they still woudnt be on the level of Nekroz etc...The thing is you dont have many decks to chose that will be new for you, fun and original...And obviosly competative...Thats my point.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:20 pm

well, if they stopped making it so one deck(s) is better than the rest and had us make decks that were unique (2 or more archetypes or what Series 1 Yu-Gi-Oh decks were like), then I feel like it would be enjoyable. But that's just me
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Lol Orignal Yu-gi-oh decks didnt have any sinergy...thing is it was all for fun, and the decks of the charapters were shit even for that time...But i can say that some of the meta decks are better then others...I think they are the same level and if we have 20 more archetypes in that same level yugioh, atleast for me, woud be 10 times more enjoyable Smile
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:57 pm

so what if they didn't have synergy? That's what made them fun
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:55 pm

Nope that wasnt a game...it was just a mix of cards that while fun had litle to no understanding and combinational moves for each other...i belive that th golden age of Yugioh was the start of the syncho's tho the xyz era wasnt bad as well...
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:29 pm

Well, we just have different opinions then. I will say though that Xyz and Synchros are a good addition to the game, and to an extent, pendulums, but I just which we aren't forced to pick one Archetype and stick with it
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum