Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for Administrators

Go down

Suggestion for Administrators Empty Suggestion for Administrators

Post by Pizza Boi Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:08 pm

I've been an administrator and manager in Forumotion forums (Including the main forum and blogs) for a lonnnnngggggg time now (4 to 6 years) before the rise of Duel Academies even happened and I must say that tackling and leading Duel Academies is much more different than other forums where you had to follow platonic yet strict rules ranging from dorm tests to administration exams.

I may no longer be a Forumotion manager (Or admin) nor am I even interested in getting involved with Duel Academies' affairs as much but I would like to impart my knowledge on how to lead an academy AS an administrator.

So let me start of with something I posted before:

Phantom Princess wrote:
What is an administrator?

First off, congratulations! You have made it as an administrator of our very lovely academy; however, you may be wondering how we administrate, correct? Well, if you have the experience then still bloody read this as our academy enforces a different kind of administration.

What is a YGODA administrator?

Basically, as a YGODA administrator, our main priority is to achieve a secure, fun, active, and functioning place. We do NOT allow drama, we do NOT allow trolls, we do NOT allow party poopers (The first ones mentioned can have an exception if the 'fun' is decent), and we do NOT allow advertising for different academies and the biggest rule of all...

WE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE OUR CODES

YGODA is protected by copyright so any form of distribution of our codes WILL lead to a possible litigation report AGAINST the administrator who distributed them and that is VERY easy to tell as the Founder can always access the main security panel which non-founder administrators cannot see.

What is your job as a YGODA administrator?

Simply put, you really do not have a job. You are just there, sitting on your throne. No you do NOT relax the moment there are a lot of people present in the academy.

You have to ALWAYS check everything, from posts up until profiles since there is a field called Battle and Shadow Records and it is a part of our responsibility to change that for every new member and the moderators' as well.

It is your job to maintain order, hear out members' complaints, suggestions or even read about their shitty autobiographies which you may or may not have any interest in. You have to take into heart how everything functions and to provide and make this academy a better place.

You are to evaluate and assess, including other administrators if they are functioning properly. Lastly, you, yourself have to find a unique way of contributing to this forum, whether it would be graphics or coding, it is fine. Any administrator can contribute in moderation so that is not a valid contribution.

Note: If you wish to experiment a code here in the academy, don't do it. Make a test forum and the version should be punBB because that is our academy version.

You're an administrator, right? Well, always act like it.

^ Disregard the fact that's a YGODA post as I quoted it from my old academy in the staff section.

Once you're an administrator, it doesn't stop there because a new chapter opens up for you in the academy. If you're an administrator now, take full responsibility for it and be mature because if you can't even do a single thing for the academy, then you might as well quit and open your position up for someone who's worth it.

Yours truly,
PB
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for Administrators Empty Re: Suggestion for Administrators

Post by Pizza Boi Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Here's a little suggestion as well. I've been checking this forum's background and realized that you've been using the SAME layout for such a long time. Why not contribute to the forum's layout, oh so knowledgeable and great administrators of GDA?

Oh! You don't know how to code, my gulay.

Then learn it. w3schools is an excellent site for learning coding (Was one of my references) or learn how to do graphics. Sure, you already contribute in administrating but everyone can do it whether you be a normal member or not in indirect or direct ways.

If you honestly want this academy to progress, start with the physical astute of this place and then maintain a comfortable and homey disposition as you go along.

Remember: If you can't learn either of them, it's not the fact that you don't have the ability to do so, you just won't. Time doesn't matter because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to study all of them for such a long time.
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi

Back to top Go down