Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Machina/Gadgets Article

2 posters

Go down

Machina/Gadgets Article Empty Machina/Gadgets Article

Post by ab9999 Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:25 pm

The mixture of these two archetypes, Gadgets and Machina, is more common then the solid gadget build(still not common mind you) and the build can be quite a consistent and solid deck. This post should give you a basic idea on the deck and how it works. If you have any questions on the deck and how it works, feel free to post it here and ill respond to the best of my ability! ^^

These 2 decks work so well together mainly because of how they are. Gadgets are super spammy, always searching when summoned, and allow you to mantain very strong hand control. I highly recommend making this deck based only on rank 4 and 7, and this post will be on the assumption that you decided to do just that. You then add things such as Tin Goldfish and Kagetoge to speed it along and help with the xyz summons. So how does the Machina help in this deck? Well they tend to use up resources rather fast for there most popular monster, Machina Fortress. Because of the great hand control in the deck, there is almost never a lack of the resources needed to summon such a fine card Very Happy You can then add things such as gearframe to help search out fortress. Worried about that slowing down your xyz summons? Dont worry! That's what kagetoge is for ;D And even if you dont have the lizard, he is a monster that can hold his own with an attack of 1800. This deck is best for spamming and rank 4 spamming, and you should probably add some cards to build upon that. I suggest adding King of the feral Imps and Gear Gigant X so that you can use some very important combos. First you needs at least 1 of the following monsters; ANY gadget, then either Tin Goldfish/Kagetoge. If ur wondering why these monsters, they are just two extremely helpful cards that support the deck quite nicely ;p

1) Tin Goldfish > Gadget monster > Gadget search effect > XYZ summon for Gear gigant X > search for another tin goldfish
I believe you have seen where this is going already. By using combos such as this you can assure the xyzs never have to stop as you will always have a nice and solid hand.

2) Gadget > search > kagetoge > Feral King > search kagetoge
Same thing really, however it is, unfortunately, less limited for what it searches.

Because of these seachs that are always going on and the ability to be able to instantly have the resources for anoher xyz summon, I'm actually gonna recommend that you use 1-2 double summon in this deck, not only can you set up another xyz summon, but you can also get off annother xyz summon with this combo :3

Gadget > search > double summon > NS searched monster > search > xyz for something(if gear gigant or feral imp) effect and search so that you have another xyz summon set up

Due to all the resources being used in this deck, there will often be a point late game were you run out of plays you may wanna use. So add Daigusto Emeral to the extra. This isnt a tip xD Just add it Has saved me many times and sometimes u just dont need another beatstick so recycling and getting that +1 is the best play.

Now it is time for some plays with machina
I know i went over this earlier, but here are some combos

4) Gearframe > search for fortress > kagetoge > xyz for something. Unlike previous combos, there is no way to get a foolproof loop for xyzs in this combo, you will usually go for something other then gear gigant and feral imp such as 101 and castel So is the combo over yet? Probably but maybe not. Unfortunately you cant do this with just gearframe and kagetoge but if you have another machine in your hand you can summon fortress via its effect. So u -3 for an xyz and fortress, and thats assuming you didnt xyz gigant or feral.

Now this combo actually is actually quite conditional and i kinda doubt you will use it often if ever Also pretty straightforwardyou
For this combo  you need Machina Fortress, soul charge, and 1 or 2(2 prefered) level 4 machines. combo works on assumption one is a gadget Remember you can also do this if u have gearframe, soul charge, and a lv4 machine
5) Fortress > discard machines > soul charge > gadget search > xyz > (if chose big 2)search > xyz set up

Now here are some more recommendations for the the deck

Call of the haunted - This may seem like a sorta weird choice, but it really isnt so bad, and its because sometimes your opponent manages to stop your assault with traps and you just arnt able to make any plays. Well in this situation it helps. Can also be used in combination with fortress to ss a gadget u discard. If you ss a gadget you get its search and can go for a search and then normal for another search and xyz. I would run 1-2.

Mystical Space Typhoon  A common staple, traps and protection and this deck's strongest point and backrow can be annoying. I recommend 3

Upstart Goblin - For those times where DN is being a bish, this can help you get what you need and make the deck more compact(deck size of 37 for more consistency) If your going to use it at all, might as well use 3 ;D

Rank-up-magic - Now I'm not strongly recommending this, but it is certainly a strong card to consider(I suggest not running upstart if u put this in cuz that feeling when u draw it via upstart >.<) Because of all the searches going on in this deck, it just keeps getting smaller and smaller as the duel goes on, and upping ur chances of drawing this fun card ;D c101 so op i swer

You can also add all your own modifications to the deck. It works very well with rank ups, though I suggest starting with the basic machina/gadget build and making the rank up variant a separate deck.

So at this point you should know all the basic stuff to add to the deck, and now you just add whatever fits your play style to the deck or just more support to make it more consistent ;D

Also this may seem weird, but you should run the all the gadgets at 2. They search each other so u just need to draw 1 to start the spam and dead drawing sucks.

I hope this helped, as i said at the top, if you have any questions feel free to ask! Also sorry for any typos or miscommunications i may have made. First time making a guide for a deck ;-;

Last edited by ab9999 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
ab9999
ab9999

Back to top Go down

Machina/Gadgets Article Empty Re: Machina/Gadgets Article

Post by Angel Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Nice article ab Very Happy
Angel
Angel
Administrator

DP : 2500

Back to top Go down