Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Originality

+4
Twisted Like Me?
Lux
Angel
riot1man
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Originality - Page 4 Empty Originality

Post by riot1man Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Ya know, I've been thinking. What ever happened to being original with your deck? Seems like today people want to use the latest meta in Yu-Gi-Oh, and although the duels can be tough and give you a workout, there seems to be, for me, a lack of fun with the duels now-a-days. I don't know, maybe it's just nostalgia, but why should we focus on meta-geared decks and not originality? Because all I'm seeing now-a-days is nekroz this and Burning Abyss that and tellarknights.
riot1man
riot1man

DP : 2555
Warnings : 2

Back to top Go down

Originality - Page 4 Empty Re: Originality

Post by riot1man Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:20 am

Pep, more is not necessarily better. In my opinion, if konami threw in metas, then it'd just feel like the same, but with more metas, in my opinion
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:14 am

agreed more is not going to be any better but if konami as i said in my earlier comment keep going the way there going with keeping the "meta" in a long continuous state of balance we could see a time were there are quite a few top decks that would be able to stand on there own that also being said that after a while some decks would see a gradual phase out witch would be further helped with ban lists hitting small things just to hurt the decks a slight bit and this isn't a bad thing sure we might have nekroz shadds ETC. within the top decks for a while longer but as new archetypes come in and if konami continues with the stlye of ban lists we have been getting we will see some of them fade and leave the circle of "top decks" and if this does happen we could eventually see some less "powerful" archetypes come into the fray and even some older archetypes come back into popularity this of course wont do much for creativity (although it might) but it should make the game a little bit more interesting
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

DP : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:05 am

I agree with TR but also one thing I have been said earlier there is something good in this meta and that is multiple kind of decks. Nekroz is Ritual, Shaddoll Fusion, BA rank 3 spam deck, Tellars rank 4 spam deck and Qlips are Pendelums. That's what I like.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

DP : 3465
Warnings : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Now i will say one thing...We have our own opinions...Im not gonna change it you are not gonna change mine...I will put an end to this really needless argument cuz all it does is makes us saying the same thing...Ive had the pleasure to see the evolution of Yugioh from the beginning of the GX era and i can say it to you...things are not the way you think...I have seen a time where there were 20 decks at the same level and that were all new and interesting to play and then the ban list had almost none archetype cards...I have also seen what 5 decks can do to a game of so many players with different interest...The game is interesting to one state...when you know so many deck how to play them it just starts to not be the same...and if you find fun in playing the countless duels you might still find it interesting, if not you will eventually find that this is not the same way you looked at the game and will eventually quit it...This has been my last say on the topic and it sincerely hope it was your last as well Smile No need for us to spam our opinions over and over again even tho we know that there is nothing we can change about it...From now on let's keep the topic clean so people that have not had a say on the topic can still express it Smile Thank you!
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:16 pm

🤦
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Pepchoninga wrote:Now i will say one thing...We have our own opinions...Im not gonna change it you are not gonna change mine...I will put an end to this really needless argument cuz all it does is makes us saying the same thing...Ive had the pleasure to see the evolution of Yugioh from the beginning of the GX era and i can say it to you...things are not the way you think...I have seen a time where there were 20 decks at the same level and that were all new and interesting to play and then the ban list had almost none archetype cards...I have also seen what 5 decks can do to a game of so many players with different interest...The game is interesting to one state...when you know so many deck how to play them it just starts to not be the same...and if you find fun in playing the countless duels you might still find it interesting, if not you will eventually find that this is not the same way you looked at the game and will eventually quit it...This has been my last say on the topic and it sincerely hope it was your last as well Smile No need for us to spam our opinions over and over again even tho we know that there is nothing we can change about it...From now on let's keep the topic clean so people that have not had a say on the topic can still express it Smile Thank you!

I'm not sure what entirely you attempted to bring with this comment, yes people have very different opinions and that's fine that's human nature not everyone thinks the same way. But on the same note, every opinion has their own level of validity.

That being said myself, I've been able to see the changes throughout almost every meta, and only now have there been more than 1 or two decks that even relatively stood a chance. Until GX it was just goat control and other completely mix-mashed decks if you didn't have a lot of skill and the proper card good luck to you mate. Then until synchro monsters came into the picture, it was all e-heroes there was deviation from the deck if you weren't playing heroes you were bound to lose, that's just how it was. Then it started to evolve more, but still decks and meta kept veering towards the meta only having one or two decks being popular and controlling that level of play. Now when the balancing came into play sure it was just the Big 3 but now we have a ton of rogue decks, and like Lux said, Qli, Tellars, BA, Shaddolls, Kozmo, and Nekroz. It brings a variation to the decks played there's so many things you have to look out for now, and with this variation people keep looking for more and more ways to play the decks no two deck builds will ever look the same.

My point is, the meta FINALLY hit a balance where there's not just a singular deck ruling the environment, it's not essentially a rock, paper, scissors game to decide what deck is the best anymore. Different decks are now being able to be played with a certain level of volition that it's not far fetched for someone to beat the meta with a deck that isn't necessarily in the meta anymore. It has simply become a balance.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Administrator

DP : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Agreed on almost everything exept one thing...Heroes became the best part of the GX era at the dawn...that was the time they got there realy good fusions tech cards and consistency cards...Synchors were the best thing that happened to Yugioh by far...again that was the time atleast at the beginning where there were 10-15 even 20 decks that were all powering it out in the highest of duels...Balckwings, Synchores, Fableds, Plants, Chaos Control and alot of other decks came into play and made the game realy good and enjoyable. All the decks took skill, so you coudnt just start winning duels woth the decks the time you took them, but they werent that hard to understand....That was the era for older decks to start getting new support and getting them back into the scene amd was honestly a blast to play every intence duel. The game has gon only better, but eith every new thing you cam see that they take a bit of that fun amd exitmemt as well...Onto the meta problem i said already what i think of it...For me we need more of the glory days...more of that veriaty...not recyceling the old stuff and make the same boss decks and banning the old ones...that wont make the game better even if we get 10 more dofrent styles of cards...I hope i made my opinion clear here...Again whatever we talk we always come to that one point...what can we do...exept argue countless times until the other one stops saying the same thing and gets then says almost the sam thing untill again the other gets you...its not something we will change with the diffrences in our opinions...i see thos as something that doesnt need to continue...
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:02 pm

I totally agree that Synchros are the best thing which happened to this game but in other hand quite much players quited during 5D's and Zexal era.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:52 am

To go off of your point Lux, I didn't quite like Pendulums when they were released. After learning what they are all about, I still won't use them cause they don't benefit me in anyway in my opinion. I know Pendulums are for some, but for others (like me), they aren't needed.

Now, for Synchros and Xyz, I liked Synchros at first, hated Xyz at first. I then went from using Synchros to not using them, but still liking/respecting them. Now, I love using Xyz Monsters.

What I'm trying to say is is that adding new cards won't make the game better for everyone, cause Synchros aren't doing it now and Pendulums certainly haven't done so.
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:14 am

pendulums are picking up a bit now tho and in future sets it seems there just going to keep gaining ground until like xyz's they become a lot more widely accepted
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:44 pm

Oh yea, that is true

And yea, Pendulums will probably be accepted by a lot of people at some point.

However, unless they make evilswarm or gravekeeper's pendulums, I have no plans on using them
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Now thats a better turn in the conversation xD
My opinion tho is that Pendulums can be said a much betten in there early life then what xyzs and sychors were...shiting on Utopia and Stardust was one thing but finding a way to get thouth 1rst turn towers is not as easy...As ive heard Performapals have finaly become from a shitty pendulum deck to a super overpowered powers house...For me Pendulums can realy brake the game if Konami dont lower there imagenation...
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:32 pm

very true pep they have some very powerful pendulum decks floating around atm qli (to an extent) performages and pals, majespecter, igknight, magicians, DDD ETC. if knomai doesnt want the game to be to over balanced by pendulums decent splash-able anti pendulum support will have to come in spells and traps that are not archetype specific or even monsters like effect veiler that could alter a pendulum scale for a turn don't get me wrong i like pendulums konami just has to keep a vigil here oh and riot you may actually get your wish with gravekeepers getting pendulums ive herd a few things (nothing confirmed just rumors atm)
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:00 pm

If they do make Pendulums for Gravekeeper's, I'll have to make a PendKeeper's Deck.
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Lol xD
Nah i think that they shoud just make the decks with more flaws then pros...Like people want pendulums to not go to the extra deck wich will basicly make them useless...I dont know just every archetype needs to be lowered in goddnes...
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:53 pm

I like Pendelums because you can summon a lot of monster much which were used to be hard to summon because you needed to usually tribute few monsters.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:21 pm

for me, tributing was a good part about the game. With Pendulums, it takes the fun out of that for me
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:39 am

I agree. But Pendelums can help for some combos for example you can easier summon Gate Guardian (worst example ever ik) cause you can easily pendelum summon his 3 monsters.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dat Magician Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Great topic riot1man and i agree with u; originality has indeed nearly vanished of the game.
U know if you want to experience YGO at it's roots, you should try the YGOPro Salvation Server. It includes the Goat format banlist plus a setting that only includes cards released before Goat format.  Goat format (2005 march) is one of the best times in this game as it was pretty balanced, the cardpool was wide enough and duels lasted longer and decks really had originality.
U know, I'm not an expert, and I was only a kid who played with fake rules back at that time, but Ive tried this out and it's pretty fun I think.
Dat Magician
Dat Magician

DP : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Goat format is realy a period of Yugioh was the time that Yugioh realy saw an evolution. It was far from one of the best times of Yugioh, tho. Its when people found original ideas, new and interesting decks came out to play and we finaly started moving on from that stupid original Yugioh era. Obviously i cant say i have witnesed this period of the game with my own eyes but i have played alot of goat format in the later stages of the game and also have had alot of researching about tose times Smile Overall good point about bringing the goat format into the topic Wink
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 pm

I have been in the era of the original Yu-Gi-Oh series, and it took skill and a bit of luck to win. It was hard, but it was fun. Like you, Pep, I too have seen Yu-Gi-Oh evolve, it's just that I've seen it evolve from the beginning. Unless you did too, but if I remember correctly, you said you've seen it evolve from GX on.
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:30 am

Pepchoninga wrote:Goat format is realy a period of Yugioh was the time that Yugioh realy saw an evolution. It was far from one of the best times of Yugioh, tho. Its when people found original ideas, new and interesting decks came out to play and we finaly started moving on from that stupid original Yugioh era. Obviously i cant say i have witnesed this period of the game with my own eyes but i have played alot of goat format in the later stages of the game and also have had alot of researching about tose times Smile Overall good point about bringing the goat format into the topic Wink

Pep, just becaus the game has changed and now it's more advanced, it doesen't mean it's better, and that's what we are trying to tell you, but you don't listen.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:17 am

It is better...Its my opinion...For me the game has evolved in something much better then goat format...Also sorry riot but what you said didn't make sense to the way the topic was going Very Happy I gave the swing the game evolve thing as a personal argument not as something im proud with Wink I do know that then the game was not so much about skill. The luck factor then was much bigger. It was about who can get the stronger monster faster Wink (Thats why i dont like this topic...we say the same thing over and over and do not understand ourselves...)
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:28 pm

while goat format was one of the most creative times in yugioh i will agree with pep tht the game has evolved quite a bit sense then synchros, XYZ's, pendulums have all been big steps forward for the game and while goat format and original yugioh was a more "creative" time i am thankful for the steps the game has taken in its evolution and to that end i cant wait to see whts next (wheres my green and white card konami?)
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Well lol it was original cuz that was the time of the most new cards...New techs new archetypes and alot more versitility with decks...
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum