Gladiator Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Testing Rubric..

3 posters

Go down

The Testing Rubric..  Empty The Testing Rubric..

Post by orgtar2 Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:50 am

I am making this thread to suggest, and hopefully cause a change to the testing rubric. As of now, the tester and nor the testee can use Tier 1 / Meta decks, which to me is absolute rubbish.

I use a Tier 1 deck in my ranked matches, I use a Tier 1 deck in tournaments, I use a Tier 1 deck in almost all situations - but why can't I use one to be tested with? Sure, if I am a random player I can go and copy a deck of the internet - but even then, being able to use that deck and fight similar decks which also reside within the meta is a whole different story.

We consider those who take part, compete in, and win Yu-Gi-Oh Tournaments to be skillful - and most of the time they are using meta! Why can't my skill be tested with my actual deck, rather than a deck I have no real connection to other than having it just to be tested with!

The testers should be formidable, if they cannot handle going against Tier 1 decks when they test, I doubt they should have their role. They should be able to handle and fight against the meta, even if that means by using it themselves, which they should do too.

At the end of the day, isn't Tier 2 vs Tier 2 basically the same as Tier 1 vs Tier 1? If I am going to be tested, and I need to use a non-meta deck, I for one will most certainly be copying a deck from online as my main deck is disallowed.

orgtar2

Back to top Go down

The Testing Rubric..  Empty Re: The Testing Rubric..

Post by WowThatsPrettySad Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:28 am

Because at the moment, no rogue deck has the slightest chance to compete vs. meta decks. And even if you are a trash BA player, you will probably still beat a good player's rogue deck. Therefore to effectively measure the skill of the testee, T1 decks are banned during testing.
WowThatsPrettySad
WowThatsPrettySad

Warnings : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by orgtar2 Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:39 am

[ERROR 404: "WOW" NOT FOUND] wrote:Because at the moment, no rogue deck has the slightest chance to compete vs. meta decks. And even if you are a trash BA player, you will probably still beat a good player's rogue deck. Therefore to effectively measure the skill of the testee, T1 decks are banned during testing.

Nope, makes no sense.

orgtar2

Back to top Go down

Post by WowThatsPrettySad Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:43 am

We can't have everybody scoring perfect on deck build and 2-0 just because they play netdecked T1 deck k?
WowThatsPrettySad
WowThatsPrettySad

Warnings : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:09 am

It was too easy to get Obelisk with a Tier 1 deck, when difference between decks will be lower, maybe we'll put Tier 1 again, but from now, no.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

DP : 3465
Warnings : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by orgtar2 Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:08 am

Slim Shady wrote:It was too easy to get Obelisk with a Tier 1 deck, when difference between decks will be lower, maybe we'll put Tier 1 again, but from now, no.

In a few months or so, when this Tier 1 becomes Tier 2, you will be allowing it as its Tier 2, yes? What's the difference from allowing it now then? I struggle to confide in your logic.

orgtar2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:22 am

My point that game is unbalanced. There are 5 decks that are a waaaay stronger than rogue decks. It was too easy to get to a good dorm with a meta.
Lux
Lux
Administrator

DP : 3465
Warnings : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down